Bitz & Pieces of Life

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

D-Day approaches...

D-Day approaches...

The final pieces of the jig saw are finally falling into place. Bit by bit, the picture is getting complete, so are my nerves slowly eroding. It is a nightmare to co-ordinate the entire show, making sure every nut and screw falls into place

The major headache is the wedding banquet, both WJ and me want to keep things personal thus we came to a agreement that we will keep the banquet as small as possible. We plan only to invite close friends and relatives so we have more time to interact with our guests, making it more sincere. Next comes the dilemma of which colleague to invite. The easy and most PR savvy way will be to invite the entire dept, but it was against my stand of "keeping it personal". But not to invite everyone risk people gossiping behind your back. The devil on one side and the deep blue sea on the other. Well in the end I decided to invite colleagues whom I have close contact/interact with in my course of work. Can't be bothered if I offend some parties in the process.

Obviously my parents do not share the same sentiments. Without discussing with us, they opened the flood gates and invited the whole chain gang. Neighbours, friends, distant relatives etc etc the list goes on... people that I hardly know. So much for making it a personal event.

Well they are my parents after all, and I have to respect their decision. Maybe that their way of sharing their joy. Call it generation gap, but my thoughts and idea of joy sharing are poles apart from theirs. Or it could be because of poor communication that they misunderstood or did not get our hint that we wanted to keep thing small.. But hell, what is done is done we just have to make the best out of it. Isn't life full of surprises, we just have to take things into our own stride.

Having said and done about the guest list, they have yet to show any action on writing the invitation cards. Despite constant urging, the cards are still lying on the shelf. I reckon it will take a typhoon to "blow" then into getting things done.

Luckily, there are some events that did brighten us up. We to collect our wedding bands from fairy's inc on sat. We finally get to see the rings that we conceptionalised. They were a piece of art, except for the fact the WJ thinks my will look better if it is glossy, so its back to the jeweler's for some touch up. And on mon, we went to view the layout of our photo album. We got to hand in to the magic of photoshop, ordinary pics look so surreal after some editing. Wow...

Well just a few more things to confirm and we are all prepared (I hope so..). I'll be stocking up on panadol and coffee for the headaches and long nights to come.. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[SHE]
WJ
Age : 26
Birthday : 18days older than HE.. :)

Powered by Blogger