Bitz & Pieces of Life

Monday, October 15, 2007

Guo Da Li

Woke up around 8plus in the morning.. Mom and Dad just back from market.I was told to call SB informing him that they can come over around 9.30am. Just before 10am, SB came with his parents (nowadays we cant find mei po anymore, so his parents will accompany him to my place) They were lugging 2 huge baskets which were rented from cake shop and plastic bags full of tarts. Dad and I was entertaining the in-laws while my bro helped my mom to unload all the stuffs in the baskets. It was an informal gathering for the in-laws. No formal ceremony involved. Just exchanging of gifts between the two families. Im glad everything went well... I think both SB and I are cool about it, just that our mothers are abit paranoid. SB's mom actually said that she had a sleepless night the night before. And my mom kept asking me if we did miss out anything for the in-laws. I assured them that everything is in order. Nothing to worry about. Hopefully my words gets into their head.
Stuff brought over by SB
- 20 boxes of walnut tarts
- "long feng" candles
- 2 packets of hokkien "ang pao" packets which consist of those peanut candies
- 12 or 24 oranges
- Red tray, one big red packet (for pinjin) and also a red cloth to wrap the red packet. (Bought from the cake shop)
- 2 big baskets to hold the GDL's stuff- 36 pig's trotter can
- Ang Pao to replace 2 bottles of hard liquor
-"si dian zhuan" my mother-in-law bought for me.

In return, my mom also prepared some "dowry" for me. She bought all the stuff before lunar 7th month. She said no preps should be done during that month. :) Pandang right! She got me a

- red baby bath basin
- baby's potty
- a set of sewing kit
- a mickey mouse musical box *_*"
- a set of "xi" quilt sheet from aussino
- towels for my in-laws and SB's brother (sewed with small little round coin lookalike called "yuan". Supposely, with this "yuan" on the towels, i would be able to get along better with my in-laws in future)
- a set of "xi" towels for SB and me
- 2 bolsters
- an ang pao for SB (cos my mom is suppose to buy him a pair of pants. we are using ang pao to replace the pants)
- an ang pao for SB's grandma ( not sure what is it for, i suppose it should be out of respect to her)
- a teapot set for my in-laws ( for tea ceremony on AD), for tea ceremony at my mom's place, we will be using my bro's wedding teapot set. So my mom only bought one set.- a set of lamps (to be light up on AD)
- A set of gold jewellery
- 2 bottles of orange juice

Stuff my mom bought for AD use will be
- a red umbrella
- a set of new silk pajamas ( from my sis-in-law)
- a gold ring for SB (to be given during tea ceremony)
- a red "xi" hanky. Its nice but i doubt i'll use it on AD. Haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[SHE]
WJ
Age : 26
Birthday : 18days older than HE.. :)

Powered by Blogger